Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Alien Life, Part Trois


Hey! I'm back from NY Comic Con! It was a blast to be there, and I met a lot of great people. Hopefully it'll generate some work for me, but if not, then the experience alone was worth going for it.

Anyway, back to the grind. Here's an alien mockup I did to test out a process method of using a grayscale drawing and then colorizing it. I think it'd work great to quickly get something out of the way (at least for me, since I am lacking in the painting department) but it'd be terrible for doing a final piece.

I've been reading up on evolution theory and all that, and I find it fascinating how most life on land came from fish...It certainly brings up ideas of what could happen if another creature was the mother archetype for everything, and considering how varied our own history has been with species, the possibilities are endless...

Which is sad then that this is pretty tame considering what sort of genetic playground a creature artist could play in. But that just means I gotta up the ante for the next critter drawing.

No comments: